Job Title: Mobile Developer (iOS and Android)
Standard Weekly Hours: 40 (full-time)
Location: Boston, MA
iRewardHealth is looking for a scrappy, ruthlessly experimental Android mobile developer to join our team. It is our mission to help people build healthy habits using engaging and effective technology solutions. A passion for behavior hacking and sticky UX is essential. Must be interested in rapid prototyping, A/B testing, and have a respect for the role of data in confirming assumptions.
What are you looking for?
At iRewardHealth we are looking to make a difference in the world. We are passionate about what we do and are looking to continue building a team that is also passionate, driven, and determined. We are selective in who we bring on as we are a close-knit group, and personality fit is equally as important to us as technical fit.
Are you looking for an opportunity that allows you to:
- Be creative and entrepreneurial in mobile development
- Take risks and learn how to deliver best-in-class apps
- Build a product that can change people’s lives for the better
- Play a leading role in product development
- Have fun while contributing to positive change
If so, fantastic! Keep reading!
Who are you?
Are you passionate about mobile development? Do you follow the latest technology trends and get excited about building a great app? Do you strive to continue to learn about both technology and user behavior? Are you fun to work with? Do you like to have fun at work?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you! Below are the technical requirements that we are looking for, but bottom line is that we are looking for a kick-ass, passionate mobile developer.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum three (3) years of native mobile development experience
- Proficiency in both Swift/iOS and Java/Android development, with past projects available to demonstrate this proficiency
- Direct experience with the mobile app development lifecycle, including such tools as Xcode, Android Studio, Fabric, and Fastlane (Bitrise)
- Ability to work within a small team adhering to the Agile methodology of regular, frequent, customer-responsive releases.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similarly technical/quantitative field
- Ability to work flexibly and independently to get tasks done as well as in designing collaboratively with fellow engineers and off-shore team members
- Fun, friendly, outgoing attitude and positive demeanor. Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to reaching shared goals. Team player and champion.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Knowledge of the asynchronous, event-based design of RxJava for the Android platform
- Knowledge of mobile app testing best practices
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical capabilities and the value of products
We are a health tech company with offices in Boston, MA USA and Berlin, Germany. We strive to help companies raise awareness about healthy lifestyles and habits by rewarding employees for logging behaviors. We are a team who believes in the power of the individual. Healthy, fulfilled people are the foundation of robust, conviction-oriented businesses, and those businesses make up the communities in which we live. We look to take our mission worldwide, one small positive step at a time.
iRewardHealth is an EEO employer.
If you’ve made it this far you must still be interested in the job! Please email a resume or CV on your application.